Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hermanus and Knysna

Lack of internet connection has made it hard to post on the blog, but luckily my phone was able to find a tiny amount of Wi-Fi here in Knysna.

So, after leaving franschhoek we made our way to Hermanus, a coastal city known for the whale watching. And many whales we did see!! The first night we saw many whales breaching, air coming out of their blow holes, and other whale activities all from the shore. That afternoon we were supposed to go kayaking in the ocean, and see the whales more, but it was too windy and it got cancelled. We also found out that our activity for the next morning got cancelled too, shark cage diving :( I know Lana and Judy are happy to hear this. Haha... Instead this morning we went on a whale watching cruise. Which was pretty good, saw a few whales, even a couple baby calves. Unfortunately they all seemed to be camera shy to my camera, because every time I brought mine out they would stop splashing or disappear under the water. 
After the cruise, we hopped in the car and drove to Knysna.  A five hour drive through so many different terrains I'm not sure I could remember them all. There was sea side drives, forest drives, drives thru farm land, through the mountains, tall pines that reminded me of the Pacific northwest, etc.  It's all be really really beautiful!
That's all for right now. Headed to bed soon. Off to Port Elizabeth in the morning, where we catch a flight to Durban. Where I'll be doing something fun in the water, thanks to Holly's birthday gift to me. Stay tuned to find out what it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment